This one-day intensive group class runs from 8-5 pm.
Meet other expecting parents and feel confident and prepared for the birth of your baby!
In person group classes are $195.00 total with a $65 nonrefundable deposit to hold your spot in the class. Prior to the start of the class, you will be emailed a link to pay the remaining $130.00 balance.
The class will cover:
- The natural process of birth
- Common pregnancy and birth concerns
- Pregnancy exercise and relaxation techniques
- Picking a care provider and place of birth
- Fear & Pain - let's address it & look at the facts
- The benefits of different kinds of birth (non-medicated, medicated, induction, cesarian, vbac)
- Stages of labor
- Coping strategies and the role of a partner
- The role of interventions
- How to make informed decisions about interventions
- Birthing positions
- The gentle cesarian
- After the birth: what to keep in mind
- What happens in postpartum to your body and mind
- Partner's postpartum role and other support
- Problem-solving common fears in postpartum
- Review of birth plan and role play of possible situations